17.10.11

Nearsightedness and Nature

Such a splendid, sparkling morning yesterday.  I've been building up the distance I walk a day, and yesterday it was easy to stay outside.  Sunlight glinted on the grass.  The sycamore leaves applauded as Gizmo and I strolled past.  I could watch long coils of wind toss through the trees the entire length of the ten acre farm.

I realized I've spent a good bit of time lately with my nearsighted eyes less than a foot away from the computer screen, or nearly that close to my manuscript or that of a client.  Characters live in one world, and we live in this one.  In my drive to help bring my characters' world to life (ditto for my clients' characters) I've forgotten the need to replenish myself out in the real world beyond the computer.

Today and yesterday have offered ideal opportunities to do that.