23.10.11

Marketing

I listened to a delightful teleseminar the other night about marketing for authors.  The speakers, a famous author and well-known promoter, described me to a T, even though we've never met.  (Yet, anyway.)  Most authors are introverted and spend most of their time alone with a keyboard and the people who exist inside them, head to soul.  To succeed as an author,the speakers said, a writer needs to tap into the extrovert part of him or herself.

I have always been very close to the mid-line when it comes to introvert/extrovert tendencies.  For several years now, I've recognized that I'm about 51% introvert and 49% extrovert.  Though I've been shaking the trees about Love is the Thread, organizing readings and signings, the teleconference made me consider how my personality relates to the life I am creating for myself AND for my work.

I'll be thinking about this for a long time.  But I'll be acting on it even longer.  It's time for that 51% -- 49% introvert/extrovert proportion of my personality to flip flop.