2.7.11

beachmeansbeach

beachmeansbeach

That was my friend Kristine's special email address for messages and information and organizational data for our annual trips to the beach.  The group of eight or more women who gathered in the canal-side condo nicknamed "The Delaware Consortium" by someone I once knew.  We talked and knitted, cooked and ate and talked, Talked and visited the ocean, which Kristine always called "the big water."

For the first time since soon after Kristine died, I'll be visiting that part of the world again. I could say this upcoming vacation will be bitter sweet, but not only do I want to avoid that cliche, I have no idea how it will feel to see the places where I last saw my friend, or to visit the places that feature in the memoir she inspired me to write.

That will be the topic of my next post a couple of weeks from now.