21.10.10

It Worked!

Shhh . . . I have a secret from myself.

When I wrote the previous blog entry. I had two intentions. First to kick off the new version of my blog, Omni-bibliovore, about my writing and reading life. Second, I hoped that by sharing about my slightly stuck state I'd sneak around the end of my creative block and start to write again. I'm not sure how I can keep secrets from myself but it worked.

I spent most of the time since that first post spending time with several characters from my new novel-in-progress, The Fairy Gate. The main character, Laurel let me know what she needed to take the next step on her journey. By the end of the day I had five new pages. Next Nina, Laurel's antagonist and step-sister-to-be had some things to say to me. More notes which translated into pages at the computer. Each of their mothers--Marie and Stephanie, respectively--chimed in. Most unexpected. Quite informative, too. I hied me to my computer yet again.

Haven't blogged because I've been busy with Laurel's story! The Fairy Gate is now several chapters farther ahead from where I (thought I) was stuck that day last week. Plus I attended a wonderful meeting of my writing group, got helpful suggestions on a chapter of Judith (completed draft of an earlier novel) and revised the chapter first thing next day. Went from there back into The Fairy Gate! I'll let you know how things go from here. But--shhh!-- don't tell me.