8.10.11

The Last Chapter

This morning I've indulged in silence.  Phone unplugged.  No music playing while I practice yoga.  Except for the occasional remark to Gizmo, my whippet, when he got a little feisty on our walk this morning, I haven't opened my mouth.  Only part of that is due to my healing throat.

Today I'll revise the last chapter of Judith.  Chapter 45.  This revision percolated down into the depths of me, the way water soaks into dry ground and then deeper, through the massive stones into the water table.

I have not finished the revision process I plan to sit down with the manuscript in a few days and read it straight through as if it belongs to another writer.  After that I will take the pages (no doubt covered with proofreader's marks!) and make the corrections, start the further deepening or reorganization of paragraphs, possibly scenes.

But I needed to mark this stage in the process with a little quiet.  A quiet celebration.