16.9.11

First Reading!

The title refers to my first official reading and book signing as a published author, not to my first attempts to link my ABCs into words like dog, cat, up and down.  (Though I played with my nine-month-old niece, Clara Lou this morning, swinging her up and down in my arms to the accompaniment of the words "Up!" and "Down!" She gave me that amazing wide eyed baby, loose mouthed giggle-grin, and said progressively, "D!" and "Doh!" and "Dow!" as I started to swing her down.  There's something magical about the more than fifty years age difference between us, and that far flung parallel . . .)

No back to the music, as a friend of mine kept saying the other day each time I drifted off the subject.

I'm making arrangements for a reading/signing event for Love is the Thread at a wonderful, independently owned yarn store outside Louisville.  The event will probably take place during the shop's weekly knitting circle, either the first or second week of December.  Not coincidentally, the memoir's pub date is December 1, 2011.  I will also be the featured author on December's Pearlsong Conversation.  More details about both events as plans get confirmed!