22.12.10

Life Purpose and Contracts

Yesterday I did one of the things I've dreamed of since childhood. I signed a publishing contract.

I sparklers and joyous explosions inside, and yes, I had some of that going on. At the same time, calm warmth flooded my heart, my whole chest and body--a strong sense of peace and the rightness of things. This is the way it is. This is the way it's supposed to be.

A number of years ago, I decided that the purpose of life is simple; we just make it complicated. We're here to recognize our gift or gifts. (Some people do have more than one.) We spend our lives making that discovery and then honing the gift. The point is to then give the gift back to the world. For a writer, that means also discovering a way to get the stories out to readers.

I am so grateful that the next section of my purpose has opened so I can do that.